In my last post, I was a bit of a “Debbie Downer”, but hopefully I made you sit back and really consider whether being an entrepreneur is something you are meant to do. As I said, it is not for everyone. Maybe it’s just that the timing isn’t right for you, for any number of reasons, which are unique to each individual. Now, it’s time for some more light-hearted stuff- some inspirational quotes from my favourite inspirational speakers that I really want to share with you! Some of them are Dr. Seuss, but hey, he wrote some awesome stuff, and the quotes still resonate with me to this day.
Grab a tea, sit back, relax and have a good time!
First off, my all-time favourite quote:
Inspirational Quotes for Young(er) Entrepreneurs:
- “Don’t give up- the beginning is always the hardest.”- Kemmy Nola, Founder of Amore Love for Life.
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”- Colin Powell, former U.S. Secretary of State and a retired General in the United States Army.
- “The most valuable thing you can make is a mistake. You can’t learn anything from being perfect.”- Adam Osborne, British-American entrepreneur (best known for inventing the first portable computer)
- “There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.”- Zig Ziglar, American author and motivational speaker.
- “Patience is a key element to success.- Bill Gates, business magnate, entrepreneur, philanthropist, investor, and programmer (best known as the co-founder of Microsoft).
General Inspirational Quotes for Everybody:
- “Why fit in when you were born to stand out!”- Dr. Seuss (Theodor Seuss Geisel), children’s book author and illustrator.
- “You always pass failure on your way to success.”- Mickey Rooney, legendary film, television, Broadway, radio, and vaudeville actor.
- “You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.”- Dr. Seuss.
- “The most certain way to succeed is to just try one more time.”- Thomas Edison, inventor and businessman (best known for holding over 1,000 U.S. patents for his inventions).
- “I have always felt that although someone may defeat me, and I strike out in a ball game, the pitcher on the particular day was the best player. But I know when I see him again, I’m going to be ready for his curve ball. Failure is a part of success. There is no such thing as a bed of roses all your life. But failure will never stand in the way of success if you learn from it.”-Hank Aaron, retired MLB right-fielder
What are some of your favourite quotes that help give you motivation or inspiration? Don’t be shy- share them so we can enjoy them together!